Clipboard for code snippets

When I develop templates in FirstSpirit, I tend to copy-and-paste code snippets (inside HTML templates or forms) from previously created templates or projects. At the moment this means that I always have to manually go to a project/template to copy an existing code snipped and then go back to the new one to paste it there. This is very time consuming.

I'd like to have some kind of "clipboard" where I can configure different code snippets to be available for pasting during template development (e.g. via a drop-down list at the top of the template editor). This clipboard could be either configured globally for one FirstSpirit instance, or on a per-project or per-user basis. Inside the clipboard I have the possibility to insert and name code snippets with whatever text content I need them to be. Optionally there could be the possibility to make code snippets only available for template forms (which can be interesting if I need project specifically predefined input elements, even if the wizard mode for forms will be added in FS 5.0) or for one or more template sets (like HTML, RSS, ...).

1 Comment
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Rene

thank you for your idea to improve FirstSpirit. It is important for us to learn from the experiences of our customers and partners. For this reason we appreciate feedback and any suggestion.

Meanwhile a clipboard is available which should match your request. You can open it as a report via the menu bar or as a dialog via CTRL + SHIFT + V.

Kind regards

Michaela