Add rights to the area "global settings"

I would like to add rights to the "global settings" of the Java client - just like to the page store, media store, structure store or template store. Most of our user cannot add browsers or software to open certain file types as they would not know the path to their software anyway (the local file shares on our clients are not visible for the users ...)

4 Comments
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee
essmann
I'm new here

You cannot define permissions for the user settings by concept. Thus, the global settings themselves cannot be provided with permissions as well. Usually one will hide the subfolders "Global content area" and "Project settings" by defining permissions.

Unless the behavior is implemented like stated above, your use case is quite plausible to me.

thomas_walter
I'm new here

We did hide the two mentioned subfolders but this is not enough. This leaves with a the main point and the user settings being visible to all and a note in a user manuals that the user should ignore this area as the software does not provide a way to hide this area.

But I agree with pjodeleit that the two items could be discussed together as they touch the same issues in different areas of the software.

If possible maybe an admin can move this idea to the other idea - or "close" it so that if will be "read only" ?

MichaelaReydt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Thomas,

thank you for your idea to improve FirstSpirit. It is important for us to learn from the experiences of our customers and partners. For this reason we appreciate feedback and any suggestion.

We have evaluated the issue once again, but have no plans for a realisation in the near future. Therefore, we can not consider your feature request at this time.

Best regards,

Michaela