monfrair
New Creator

IE popup no longer supported in CP

How can we add a popup message to CP for IE users which states IE is no longer supported?

• IE
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidGreenberg
Crownpeak Employee

I am assuming you are referring to adding a notice for your site that states it no longer functions in ie. If this is the case you can use javascript to add code that will add the popup, something like https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-check-the-user-is-using-internet-explorer-in-javascript/, however there is nothing prebuilt into the CMS for this request. 

If you need more detailed help specific to your site I would recommend sending in a Support Ticket.

--

David Greenberg
Customer Support Engineer

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos
AriWeissman
Director of UX

Good morning @monfrair 

That's a great suggestion and something we can definitely help with. I'll work on creating a message targetting IE users who are in DXM. 

The rough message:
"IE is no longer a supported browser for DXM. That means DXM may continue to function in IE, but performance will likely degrade over time, bugs only impacting IE will not be prioritized, and future features will not be tested."

Is there anything else you think would be helpful to communicate?

Best
Ari

--

Ari Weissman
Sr Director of UX & Community

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos

Thank you David, where do I place the js code? Does it go on the master page?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately that is more specific to your site. However if you want it to run on every page the master page is a good place to put it.

--

David Greenberg
Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos