crabrown
New Creator

Custom Report or Search: Status requires an ID instead of Name

When creating a Custom Report or Custom Search where I want to query the Status of an Object, the documentation states I should be able to query the Status Name like Draft or Live but the UI is requiring a StatusID like 1234.  The only way I can discern what each ID means is to enter one and hit search and visually identify the results.  Then change it to a different ID number and try to figure out what changed.  Per the documentation provided at this link I should be able to choose the Status Name.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
crabrown
New Creator

Ed Chan showed me that if I use the [StatusText] field that it will show the status names.  Thanks Ed!

0 Kudos
Nicolassam
New Creator

Hey, I totally understand your frustration with navigating through those custom reports and searches. But thanks for the tip you shared.

0 Kudos
drakeyounger
New Creator

It's like trying to crack a secret code with those Status IDs instead of plain old names like "Draft" or "Live." I've been there, spending hours tinkering with different ID numbers just to figure out what they mean.Have you tried reaching out to the support team for some clarity? Sometimes, they have hidden gems of knowledge that aren't in the documentation.Oh, and speaking of IDs, I stumbled upon this link while searching for where I can get a fake ID: https://fakeyourdrank.com/how-to-pay-for-a-fake-id. I think it could come in handy down the road.

0 Kudos