In my audit, I am seeing an item for Do Not Disable Autocomplete.
I did notice that the site search option we were using did not have auto complete, so I moved to Ajax Search Pro for Wordpress and paid for the pro version.
It does have auto complete, but it is still being flagged. When I reached out to the support team, I was told the following.
The search field autocomplete is explicitly turned off programmatically, as it should not be autocompleted by any information from the browsers. If you check google/bing or any other search engines their search inputs are also set to autocomplete=off ( https://i.imgur.com/XQFGTDu.png ) the same way.
I believe you can safely ignore that recommendation, search fields definitely should not have the autcomplete on, as the input is random and does not have a specific role.
I am not sure how to proceed since it seems that autocomplete is on, but does not satisfy the audit.