BeverlyDunn
Crownpeak (Retired)

Privacy Laws

Jump to solution

Coming off the heels of GDPR and CCPA, I see that they are assessing and fining companies for non-compliance.  What can we expect next?  Will each state have their own Privacy requirements?  Where should we turn our attention to after California?

Thanks in advance!

b

Beverly Dunn
Sr. Director - Customer Success

If you enjoyed this content, please give me a thumbs up or mark as a solution!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jwheeler
Crownpeak (Retired)

The first thing coming up will be the enforcement of CCPA which starts June 1st.  Just this week the California AG put out the final notes around that which should be finalized in the next 30 days.  He also stated they're ready to enforce July 1.  Brazil's LGPD would have been the next but has been delayed til next May. 

In terms of what we'll see next is most likely not a specific law but what they'll start to enforce.  I think Mobile enforcement will be the next big area of focus.  Since GDPR has been launched its been somewhat ignored.  

On top of that privacy is becoming a larger more important factor in the ecosystems of companies.  Because of this privacy will become more of a checkbox.  Getting better engagement and trust with customers will increase.  Because of this they'll look for ways to better get consent from the end user.

For  state laws there are upwards of 17+ individual state laws in effect.  As more of those pass it will put pressure on a federal law here in the states.  We probably wont see one pass until closer to half the states have something.  Bills have been submitted in the last year but have somewhat died out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jwheeler
Crownpeak (Retired)

The first thing coming up will be the enforcement of CCPA which starts June 1st.  Just this week the California AG put out the final notes around that which should be finalized in the next 30 days.  He also stated they're ready to enforce July 1.  Brazil's LGPD would have been the next but has been delayed til next May. 

In terms of what we'll see next is most likely not a specific law but what they'll start to enforce.  I think Mobile enforcement will be the next big area of focus.  Since GDPR has been launched its been somewhat ignored.  

On top of that privacy is becoming a larger more important factor in the ecosystems of companies.  Because of this privacy will become more of a checkbox.  Getting better engagement and trust with customers will increase.  Because of this they'll look for ways to better get consent from the end user.

For  state laws there are upwards of 17+ individual state laws in effect.  As more of those pass it will put pressure on a federal law here in the states.  We probably wont see one pass until closer to half the states have something.  Bills have been submitted in the last year but have somewhat died out.

Hi Beverly -

Any additional questions for clarification?
Please mark as an accepted solution if this answers your question.
Best,
Denise

0 Kudos