zava
Elite Observer

urlCreatorProvider without context

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

anyone know how to get a urlCreatorProvider object without a "context" object.

I have with a remote connection a project and userservice objects.

best regards

Antonio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marro
Crownpeak employee

Ciao Antonio,

the easiest way to retrieve a url for a page is to use

refEle.getStoredUrl(lang, selectedTemplateSet, null);

But the page has to be generated once before with a SEO-UrlCreator (you can set the used UrlCreator within the GenerationTask properties of the schedule entry).

Best regards,

Donato

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
marro
Crownpeak employee

Ciao Antonio,

which FirstSpirit version do you use? And what would you like to do with the UrlCreatorProvider respectively a UrlCreator?

Tanti saluti

Donato

0 Kudos
zava
Elite Observer

Ciao Donato,

FS 5, I'm using a local class runned on eclipse with a remote connection to the server, in this case I not have a context obejct.

I need a urlCreatorProvider here

String url = refEle.getUrl(urlCreatorProvider, lang, selectedTemplateSet, pageParams, UrlCreator.Mode.RELATIVE_URL.ordinal())

for testing purposes only.

Best,

Antonio.

0 Kudos
marro
Crownpeak employee

Ciao Antonio,

the easiest way to retrieve a url for a page is to use

refEle.getStoredUrl(lang, selectedTemplateSet, null);

But the page has to be generated once before with a SEO-UrlCreator (you can set the used UrlCreator within the GenerationTask properties of the schedule entry).

Best regards,

Donato

0 Kudos
zava
Elite Observer

Great,

sorry I dind't see the method... the page is already generated.

Saluti,

Antonio

0 Kudos

Hallo zusammen,

sorry, wenn ich den Thread nochmal ausgrabe.

Es geht ebenfalls um die URL Generierung für Medien.

Wir holen uns die URL zu einem Medium via UrlCreator aus dem Generierungs-Context.

UrlCreator.getUrl(media, null, resolution, UrlCreator.ABSOLUTE_URL);

Das funktioniert soweit sehr gut.

Einziges Problem: Wir möchten einzig die URL zu dem jeweiligen Medium, ohne jedoch, dass beim Erfragen der URL dann auch direkt das Medium mit rausgeneriert wird.

Gibt es dafür eine Lösung, oder wird jedes über UrlCreator.getUrl erfragte Medium auch direkt mit deployt?

Beste Grüße und Danke schon mal im Voraus

Dominic

0 Kudos

Einziges Problem: Wir möchten einzig die URL zu dem jeweiligen Medium, ohne jedoch, dass beim Erfragen der URL dann auch direkt das Medium mit rausgeneriert wird.

Das ist korrekt, die Referenzierung innerhalb einer Generierung ist der Trigger dafür, das das entsprechende Medium generiert und deployed wird. Ein "opt out" dafür gibt es nicht. Ich empfehle dafür einen Feature-Request zu stellen.

Peter
0 Kudos