rinku_chowdhury
I'm new here

url from preview mode and video tutorial

Jump to solution

Hi,
I am new to this CMS. Pardon me in advance if I ask very silly questions. I have two questions.
1. when a page go to live we can find the URL of particular pages but is there any way to find the belonging live URL from the preview mode?  
2. are there any video resources for the first spirit editor or developer except the online documentation especially for function syntax for navigation.

Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marza
I'm new here

Hi Rinku,

there are no such things like silly questions.

To 1: Well, since FirstSpirit is a pre-generation CMS there is no direct connection between the preview URL and the final URL you may have set by an extra URL factory during generation. In the 'green store' (page store) inside the SiteArchitect you define the content of a page. In the 'blue store' (site store) you define the structure in which level of directory your page from the green store will appear. With the URL factory inside a generation task (there are a few, simple ones and ones for SEO which you can buy from our partners) you can specify how the directories and pages will be named. You can even specify special short URLs in your project settings for deep paths.

To 2: We have a YouTube channel in English (e-Spirit Inc. - YouTube) but there are only image videos and a few tutorials. Our ODFS (see Documentation FirstSpirit™ or your local FirstSpirit Installation under http://localhost:8000/help/odfs/index.html) is the first source regarding information how to do things with FirstSpirit. There are lot of examples.

Regards,

Marian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marza
I'm new here

Hi Rinku,

there are no such things like silly questions.

To 1: Well, since FirstSpirit is a pre-generation CMS there is no direct connection between the preview URL and the final URL you may have set by an extra URL factory during generation. In the 'green store' (page store) inside the SiteArchitect you define the content of a page. In the 'blue store' (site store) you define the structure in which level of directory your page from the green store will appear. With the URL factory inside a generation task (there are a few, simple ones and ones for SEO which you can buy from our partners) you can specify how the directories and pages will be named. You can even specify special short URLs in your project settings for deep paths.

To 2: We have a YouTube channel in English (e-Spirit Inc. - YouTube) but there are only image videos and a few tutorials. Our ODFS (see Documentation FirstSpirit™ or your local FirstSpirit Installation under http://localhost:8000/help/odfs/index.html) is the first source regarding information how to do things with FirstSpirit. There are lot of examples.

Regards,

Marian

0 Kudos

Hi Marian,
Thanks for your answer.

Regards,
Rinku

0 Kudos

Hello Rinku,

do you need further help or did Marian's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked

his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily.

Best regards 

Sebastian

0 Kudos