novomind
I'm new here

de.espirit.firstspirit.common.IOError:Io error

Hi,

I am trying a pass a serialized object to a service installed on server. Whenever the call to the service is made the following exception is thrown:

de.espirit.firstspirit.common.IOError: Io error in receiving manager call: null - java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocument; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 940485415728614849, local class serialVersionUID = 7691029896427935656

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.io.handler.ManagerCall.handle(ManagerCall.java:78)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.io.ManagerCallWorker.run(ManagerCallWorker.java:108)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.ExecutionManagerImpl$RunnableWrapper.call(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:578)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.ExecutionManagerImpl$ExtendedCallable.call(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:545)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

at de.espirit.common.util.BoundedExecutorService$RunnableWrapper.run(BoundedExecutorService.java:419)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

at de.espirit.common.util.SuspendableThread.run(SuspendableThread.java:37)

Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocument; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 940485415728614849, local class serialVersionUID = 7691029896427935656

Since the SerialVersionUID is changed, I recomplied the module and installed the modules fresh on server and restarted the server and services even but invain.

I would appreciate, if anyone could provide some suggestions or pointers in trying to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Ronny.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
thmarx
I'm new here

Hi Ronny,

look at java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocument,

it seems you are using different java versions for the server and the client. Using the same version for sending the serialized Object should fix your problem.

Regards,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

It would be safer to not serialize instances from the package javax.swing.

Peter
0 Kudos

Hello Ronny,   

do you need further help or did the given replys already help you? If so, it would be great if you mark the "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have

already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.   

Best regards 

Michaela

0 Kudos