jean-claude_bac
I'm new here

client: Library libgthread-2.0 not found at any known locations

Using the FirstSpirit Client I do get a stacktrace which states that the glib library is missing. The library is installed as a x32 bit library though. Found in /usr/lib32/

I am runnin the server and the client on a x64 Ubuntu machine. I get the error message wenn either trying to open the demo project or playing around with a new project and hitting the help button.

Any ideas of what to do?

Regards

Jean-Claude

Client Version: 4.2.446.45868

Java Version: 1.6.0_22 Sun Microsystems Inc.

FSVersion=4.2.446.45868#2365;JDK=1.6.0_22 64bit Sun Microsystems Inc.;OS=Linux 2.6.38-10-generic amd64;Date=19.07.2011 11:53:10

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libgthread-2.0 not found at any known locations !

at com.jniwrapper.linux.utils.LinuxLibraryLoader.<init>(LinuxLibraryLoader.java:90)

at com.jniwrapper.gdk.GdkMultithreading.<init>(GdkMultithreading.java:48)

at com.jniwrapper.gdk.GdkMultithreading.getInstance(GdkMultithreading.java:35)

at com.jniwrapper.gtk.GTK.initialize(GTK.java:97)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.a.a.a.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.XpcMessageLoop.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.XpcMessageLoop.getInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.b$b.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libgthread-2.0 not found at any known locations !

... 8 more

0 Kudos
9 Replies
andre
I'm new here

Are you using ubuntu 11.x?

This error message indicates that Mozilla engine couldn't find

this required native library in your system. The reason is that under Ubuntu

11.04 libgthread-2.0 doesn't seems to be present anymore, but libgthread-3.0

is supposed to replace it.

Unfortunalty, Mozilla native engine doesn't have yet been updated

to be used under this Ubuntu version and its last graphical libraries.

To by pass this issue one dirty solution would be:

- Dowload libgthread-2.0 debian package used under Ubuntu 10.10 at:

http://91.189.94.219/natty/i386/libglib2.0-0/download

- The package installer would not allow you to install it because a more

recent version is available on your distro. To resolve this, extract the deb

archive and copy theses 2 files with root priviledges under /usr/lib/:

-

libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0

-

libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0.2800.6

Then ir should start without freezing at all and without this error

message.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Your guess is right I am using Ubuntu 11.04 and I copied aformentioned libs into /usr/lib but they seem to be x32 bit? And I already have the x32 bit libs under /usr/lib32 installed.

Any other ideas?

The error message now:

usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 cause: /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

FSVersion=4.2.446.45868#2365;JDK=1.6.0_22 64bit Sun Microsystems Inc.;OS=Linux 2.6.38-10-generic amd64;Date=19.07.2011 13:30:53

com.jniwrapper.LibraryNotFoundException: /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 cause: /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

at com.jniwrapper.Library.loadLibrary(Native Method)

at com.jniwrapper.Library.a(SourceFile:265)

at com.jniwrapper.Library.load(SourceFile:230)

at com.jniwrapper.Library.getVariable(SourceFile:419)

at com.jniwrapper.gdk.GdkMultithreading.<init>(GdkMultithreading.java:50)

at com.jniwrapper.gdk.GdkMultithreading.getInstance(GdkMultithreading.java:35)

at com.jniwrapper.gtk.GTK.initialize(GTK.java:97)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.a.a.a.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.XpcMessageLoop.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.XpcMessageLoop.getInstance(Unknown Source)

0 Kudos

I will try to install the "old"

libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb

and see if this works.

0 Kudos

Copied cp libgthread-2.0.so.0* to /usr/lib/ from package libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb, but this does not work either, even though now loading the example project does not "freeze" the client and it is possible to close it properly.

Any more ideas?

The stacktrace:

Admin (Admin), session: 3992842846537449195, project: 7, ip: 127.0.1.1

(de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.jxbrowser.JxBrowser): Could not create browser!

FSVersion=4.2.446.45868#2365;JDK=1.6.0_22 64bit Sun Microsystems Inc.;OS=Linux 2.6.38-10-generic amd64;Date=19.07.2011 14:05:01

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.teamdev.xpcom.b.invokeAndWait(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.Xpcom.invokeAndWait(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.impl.AWTMozillaBrowser.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.impl.AWTMozillaBrowser.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.mozilla.MozillaBrowserFactory.create(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.BrowserFactory.createBrowser(Unknown Source)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.jxbrowser.JxBrowser.getBrowser(JxBrowser.java:936)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.jxbrowser.JxBrowser.getBrowser(JxBrowser.java:923)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.jxbrowser.JxBrowser.getEngine(JxBrowser.java:903)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.jxbrowser.JxBrowser.updateScaleFactor(JxBrowser.java:412)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.ScaleComboBox$1.actionPerformed(ScaleComboBox.java:51)

at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(JComboBox.java:1257)

at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:584)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.ScaleComboBox$2.userSettingChanged(ScaleComboBox.java:66)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.control.UserSettingsProviderImpl.addChangeListener(UserSettingsProviderImpl.java:54)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.ScaleComboBox.<init>(ScaleComboBox.java:74)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.BrowserTabConfiguration$BrowserView.getStatusComponent(BrowserTabConfiguration.java:799)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabContentView$ComponentFactory$TabContentComponent.<init>(TabContentView.java:453)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabContentView$ComponentFactory.<init>(TabContentView.java:268)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabContentView.getFactory(TabContentView.java:109)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabContentView.getFactory(TabContentView.java:97)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabContentView.tabInserted(TabContentView.java:81)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.TabbedView.tabInserted(TabbedView.java:56)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)

at de.espirit.common.gui.RunsInEDTProxyFactory$RunsInEDTInvocationHandler.invoke(RunsInEDTProxyFactory.java:142)

at $Proxy12.tabInserted(Unknown Source)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.AbstractTabSelectionModel.addTab(AbstractTabSelectionModel.java:225)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.tabbing.AbstractTabSelectionModel.addTab(AbstractTabSelectionModel.java:192)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView$TabSelectionModel.addTab(StoreElementPreviewView.java:911)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView$TabSelectionModel.updateFor(StoreElementPreviewView.java:1009)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView$TabSelectionModel.access$2500(StoreElementPreviewView.java:867)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView.processFocusRequest(StoreElementPreviewView.java:490)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView.handleEditorFocus(StoreElementPreviewView.java:406)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView$3.onModelChange(StoreElementPreviewView.java:148)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.applications.StoreElementPreviewView$3.onModelChange(StoreElementPreviewView.java:147)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.client.gui.FocusCoordinator$1.onModelChange(FocusCoordinator.java:156)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.ModelChangeDispatcher.onModelChange(ModelChangeDispatcher.java:45)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)

at de.espirit.common.gui.RunsInEDTProxyFactory$RunsInEDTInvocationHandler.invoke(RunsInEDTProxyFactory.java:142)

at $Proxy10.onModelChange(Unknown Source)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate.notifyAllModelListeners(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1161)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$AbstractActionProcess.notifyModelListeners(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1294)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess.notifyListeners(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1565)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess$2.onHandled(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1555)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate$4.handleDone(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1079)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate$4.onHandled(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1068)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate$5.onSuccess(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1114)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate$5.onSuccess(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1112)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate.requestHandle(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1118)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate.handle(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1089)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$AbstractActionProcess.handle(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1269)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess.handle(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1553)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess$1.onGrant(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1536)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$ActionProcessDelegate.grant(AbstractActionProcessor.java:949)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$AbstractActionProcess.grant(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1264)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess.grant(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1533)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$InnerActionProcess.start(AbstractActionProcessor.java:1528)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor.doProcess(AbstractActionProcessor.java:433)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor.access$600(AbstractActionProcessor.java:37)

at de.espirit.common.base.control.AbstractActionProcessor$2.execute(AbstractActionProcessor.java:581)

at de.espirit.common.util.ExecutorScheduler$ExecuteCommand.run(ExecutorScheduler.java:123)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.b.a.a.b.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.a.b.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.a.e.a(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.impl.c.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.jxbrowser1.impl.AWTMozillaBrowser$a.run(Unknown Source)

at com.teamdev.xpcom.MozillaCallback.run(Unknown Source)

at org.mozilla.xpcom.internal.XPCOMJavaProxy.callXPCOMMethod(Native Method)

at org.mozilla.xpcom.internal.XPCOMJavaProxy.invoke(XPCOMJavaProxy.java:143)

at $Proxy53.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libglib-2.0 not found at any known locations !

at com.jniwrapper.linux.utils.LinuxLibraryLoader.<init>(LinuxLibraryLoader.java:90)

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GLib.<init>(GLib.java:32)

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GLib.getFunction(GLib.java:79)

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GObject.<clinit>(GObject.java:54)

... 10 more

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libglib-2.0 not found at any known locations !

... 14 more

0 Kudos

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libglib-2.0 not found at any known locations !

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Library libglib-2.0 not found at any known locations !

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GLib.<init>(GLib.java:32)

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GLib.getFunction(GLib.java:79)

at com.jniwrapper.glib.GObject.<clinit>(GObject.java:54)

... 10 more

... 14 more

0 Kudos

Yes I saw that and tried to install that and all the other libglib package libs as well, but then there are some X11 files missing and then I simply gave up. Does not look like the right way to do it. It is ok to install one ore two libs without the installer but if this leads to ever more installs I would rather not do it.

I would be grateful for any other suggestions though.

0 Kudos

unfortunatly no suggestions. ubuntu 11.x is currently not supported by the browser implementation.

0 Kudos

one more suggestion: try start the FirstSpirit JavaClient with a 32bit JRE

usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 cause: /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
0 Kudos

Installed jdk-6u26-linux-i586.bin from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u26-download-400750.html

and started the client with 32 bit version of javaws. This seems to work nicely.

So the problem seems to be a combination of 64 bit Java + Ubuntu 11.04.

Good suggestion, thanks Andre

0 Kudos