king
I'm new here

Workflows in FirstSpirit 5 in combination with a (custom) ElementStatusProvider (ESP)

Jump to solution

Dear Community,

when starting working with FirstSpirit 5 the following both topics will indeed appear in combination:

- ElementStatusProvider / WorkflowGroupProvider

- Workflows modelled based on FirstSpirit FS 4.2 R4

The big question is:

- how to combine these two in a correct way?

- is there a need to adapt existing workflows to work with a custom ElementStatus- respectively WorkflowGroupProvider?

- how to keep both in sync, e.g. when switching workflow transitions?

What has to be considered when using a custom "ElementStatus-"/"WorkflowGroupProvider" and a FirstSpirit workflow. According to your ODFS section:

When designing page status algorithms, workflow groups (from which ContentCreator identifies sets of available workflow activities - see Workflow Grouping below) and page status should be kept compatible: if the page status "In workflow" is displayed, it is recommended that at least one of the workflow groups offers a workflow task which can be advanced to another task or resolve the web page's "In Workflow" status.

How can that be achieved? Example or pseudo code might be interesting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pavone
I'm new here

Hello,

you might have a look at the BasicWorkflows module, that implements a release and a delete workflow and uses a custom StatusProvider in the ContentCreator.

Best regards

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pavone
I'm new here

Hello,

you might have a look at the BasicWorkflows module, that implements a release and a delete workflow and uses a custom StatusProvider in the ContentCreator.

Best regards

Tim

0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

do you need further help or did Tim's reply already help you? If so, it would be great, if you mark his reply as "correct answer".

If you have found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind, if you post it here.

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos

Done Smiley Happy

0 Kudos