ldriver
I'm new here

What is the best way to import thousands of images?

Jump to solution

I have a folder with 15,000 + images.  I want to import them into the FS media store.  Can FS handle drag-and-drop for this many images?  Is there a better way to import these?  This is just a straight import with no language dependencies, resolution requirements, etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

This did work but dies whenever I hit a corrupt image.  I actually had to write a FSM to import the images, and keep executing when it throws an exception (i.e. hits a corrupt image).  This was not optimal.  I wish the Media Import Wizard processed everything and just flagged the corrupt images for review later.  I could import them as file type, which would avoid the wizard dying, but we need these as picture type media.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hello Leland,

have you tried the Media Import Wizard?

9827_pastedImage_0.png

I don't know, if it's a good idea to import such a large amount of images into FirstSpirit, but if you really want to do it, then you should use the wizard.

It'll take a while but should be able to handle this large amount of data.

best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

This did work but dies whenever I hit a corrupt image.  I actually had to write a FSM to import the images, and keep executing when it throws an exception (i.e. hits a corrupt image).  This was not optimal.  I wish the Media Import Wizard processed everything and just flagged the corrupt images for review later.  I could import them as file type, which would avoid the wizard dying, but we need these as picture type media.

0 Kudos