tlegat
I'm new here

Webedit: Snippets break layout for FS_CATALOG component

Hi there,

I'm not quite sure about this being a bug or if it is a constraint which I didn't find in the docs:

image-2017-11-06-17-18-26-939.png

The snippet of a text image module is obviously too long but instead of cropping the text or enlarging the GUI component, the layout breaks as the snippet content overflows the next Catalog Card entry.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pavone
I'm new here

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. Could you provide more information about your setup? (FirstSpirit version, browser, definition of the catalog, snippet configuration of the section template, etc.)

You can also try the truncate function: https://www.e-spirit.com/odfs52/template-develo/snippets/

Best regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
tlegat
I'm new here

Sure,

currently we are running a FS 5.2.1102 and view CC on Chrome 59 / Win7.

I used truncate already and had this snippet content:

"Txt/Img:" + if(!st_text.empty, truncate(st_text, 100))

To avoid the effect I reduced to 80 characters but that is only preventing the error from happening where there shouldn't be an error at all.

We're going to get the current version soon so I'm looking forward to testing it there.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also not sure about how to reproduce this error. But I wasn't able to find any information on limited snippet sizes, so if there are places where the snippet destroys layouts without truncating, then it seems to be a bug for me. Could you please file a bug report via our technical support? Please ensure that you name the exact component, form elements and so on, so that the location of the snippet can be found by our colleagues somehow.

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos