DanielWitt
New Creator

Search for GIDs

Within the SiteArchitect, you can use the search in the menu bar to look for GIDs and then see the IDProviders displayed (see screenshot) and can navigate to them. Has anyone ever tried to search for IDProviders via the API when you only have the GID? Using QueryAgent and fs.gid='....' I didn't get any results, and I can't get the old SearchService to work since some parts are no longer in the API.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 081230.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hoebbel
Crownpeak employee

Hello Daniel,

if you want to search for GIDs of entities within the api, you can use the GidAgent.findEntity method.

Based on your request, I have suggested that GidAgent.findIDProvider(<String of a GID>) (which is used to find IDProviders instead of entities) will also be included in the API.
It is important to know that these two methods are using separate "UID spaces". One method therefore does not find anything that the other method would find. Furthermore, it is not guaranteed that GIDs cannot be present in both "UID spaces" (even if this is extremely unlikely).
IMPORTANT: GidAgent.findIDProvider is not API. This method therefore may be subject to change! Please check the release notes of future FirstSpirit versions or submit a ticket to Customer Support to be informed when/if the ticket with the internal ID CORE-16394 is released.

Although you have mentioned other points, I assume that my answer is sufficient to fully resolve the issue raised. However, if there are any points still open, please let me know so that they are not overlooked.

Best regards
Holger

0 Kudos
hoebbel
Crownpeak employee

Hello Daniel,

a brief note: findIDProvider does not find datasets. And findEntity only finds an entity. To get a dataset, you must first search for the entity and use it to create the desired dataset.
There are technical reasons for this, as an entity can be the basis of several datasets (from different data sources).

Best regards
Holger

0 Kudos