bartlomiejZajac
Occasional Observer

RULES using FS_REFERENCE (image) metadata

Hi!

In my project i have a field in metadata with a date. I want to check via rules if today date is bigger than that one from the metadata and then if its true i want to block saving this page and force editor to choose different image.
I was trying to play around with MetaDataValueService to read metadata of chosen image but probably im doing it wrong.
I will be glad if someone can help/explain 🙂

Best regards
Bartłomiej Zając

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hoebbel
Crownpeak employee

Hello Bartlomiej,

I'm sorry, but this is not yet possible [with the MetaDataValueService]. With the upcomming FirstSpirit version 2024.8 it will be possible to use the value of an FS_REFERENCE input component within a value service. From this version onwards, it will be possible to write an appropriate value service that reads the metadata of the linked image.
Furthermore there is currently a feature request (internal ID CORE-16323) that this functionality should also be available within the MetaDataValueService and the FormDataValueService. If you are interested in this change, please submit a corresponding feature request (Submit idea)

Best regards
Holger

Hello Holger,

Thank you for your anwser. I will wait for  upcomming FirstSpirit version and then hopefully I will achieve expected result.

Best regards
Bartłomiej Zając 

0 Kudos
hoebbel
Crownpeak employee

Hello Bartomiej,

Just to make sure I haven't raised any false expectations. In the next FirstSpirit version it will be possible to write a ValueService yourself that can use the value of an FS_REFERENCE. However, it will not be possible to use the MetaDataValueService (or the FormDataValueService) accordingly. This requires changes to the two services, which are not currently on the road map!

Best regards
Holger

0 Kudos