rmx
Returning Observer

Overwrite #global.language?

Hi guys, 

is it possible to manipulate #global.language inside FirstSpirit SiteArchitect?

In one of our projects we are using the wrong language and it is not possible to change it without major effort.

Does anyone know a solution for this topic?

We are using more than one language inside this project.

Happy to get a solution here, because we are stuck at the moment.

Best regards, 

Roman 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

#global is a variable in the scope of the FirstSpirit generation process. There is no relation to the SiteArchitect. So, to be honest, I don't understand which problem you have. Can you elaborate a bit what you mean with the following sentence?

> In one of our projects we are using the wrong language and it
> is not possible to change it without major effort.

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, 

we do have a project which has a language e.g. ru_ac

After all content has been edited the client figured, that the url needs to only ru and not ru_ac

In order to not check all templates where we are using #global.language I figured it would be the easiest way to set #global.lang to ru before or while generating.

Do you have any clue?

Best regards, 

Roman 

0 Kudos

So you intend to modify the language object in the template code? And you do it to get other URLs?

May I ask which URL Factory the project is using? Because it's the URL Factory which constructs the URL, and maybe there is a simpler solution for your problem.

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, 

we are using some enhancement of advanced url creator.

Best regards, 

Roman 

0 Kudos

So I assume you use persistent URLs. Then you can use the URLProperties API to change the URL path for the root folder (SiteStoreRoot) to your desired format. E.g. to '/ru' inestad of '/ru_ac'.

Peter
0 Kudos