tzumtobel
Occasional Observer

Logging in SiteArchitect Script context

Hi,

I'm currently developing a translation script, which will be used by editors in order to assist them while translating content.

I need some advice regarding logging. Currently it seems that FirstSpirit is only displaying one log call per Script. I have tried context.logInfo, context.logDebug, context.logError.

As soon as I have like two calls of "context.logError", only the first one is actually executed. The other code is still working, but the logs are not outputted in the bottom left corner. I'm only able to see one log output per script execution. I always have to comment out the previous logs. I need to be able to execute multiple logging calls in one script run, is this not possible? Did I miss anything?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

as far as I know it should be possible to execute multiple logging calls. Could you show us your script so we could reproduce your steps?

Kind regards

Michaela

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

is it possible that you overlooked that the information is clustered before it is displayed in the Information section (within the Site Architect)? You could also use the Java Console, where your logging statements are printed unprocessed. Maybe you have to active Extended logging in Extras.

Kind regards,

Hannes

0 Kudos
mikula
Crownpeak employee

Hey Thomas,

in addition to the usual logging methods. There is also another tool available on github the GitHub - zaplatynski/second-hand-log: A log message console for the FirstSpirit CMS as FirstSpirit m...

Kind regards,
Martin

0 Kudos