sivaprasad9394
Occasional Collector

Fs 5.1 Method equals not comparing the object

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using FS5.1,I would like to compare 2 string using equals method.

If i read the input directly using #content means it is returning as TRUE. using CMS_SET(....) returns FALSE.

Why this behavious is happening?

Example:

$CMS_TRIM(level:4)$$CMS_SET(ltSelectedName)$$CMS_VALUE(content.external_link.getTemplate().getName())$$CMS_END_SET$$CMS_END_TRIM$

<!--ltSelectedName:$CMS_VALUE(ltSelectedName)$-->

<!--compare1:$CMS_VALUE(ltSelectedName.equals("lt_overlaylink_email "))$-->

<!--compare2:$CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email".equals(ltSelectedName))$-->            

<!--compare5:$CMS_VALUE(content.external_link.getTemplate().getName().trim().equals("lt_overlaylink_email"))$-->

Result in the HTML Generation:

<!--ltSelectedName:lt_overlaylink_email-->

<!--compare1:false-->

<!--compare2:false-->

<!--compare5:true-->

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hello Siva,

The reason is that you are simply not comparing Strings 😉

Using $CMS_SET(...)$...$CMS_END_SET$ does not create a String but a template fragment object that will be rendered upon calling $CMS_VALUE(..)$ or .toString() on it - as described in the documentation of $CMS_SET$.

So you have to use

$CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email".equals(ltSelectedName.toString()))$

Michael

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hello Siva,

The reason is that you are simply not comparing Strings 😉

Using $CMS_SET(...)$...$CMS_END_SET$ does not create a String but a template fragment object that will be rendered upon calling $CMS_VALUE(..)$ or .toString() on it - as described in the documentation of $CMS_SET$.

So you have to use

$CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email".equals(ltSelectedName.toString()))$

Michael

Just a small addition: In template syntax " == " is mapped to the method "equals". So $CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email" == ltSelectedName.toString())$ would do the same.

Peter
sivaprasad9394
Occasional Collector

Hello,

Mr. michael anbd Mr. Peter answer is correct.I forgot convert the object as toString().That was the problem.

Thank you both.

<!--toString():$CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email".equals(ltSelectedName.toString()))$-->

<!--==:$CMS_VALUE("lt_overlaylink_email" == ltSelectedName.toString())$-->

<!--toString():true-->
<!--==:true-->
0 Kudos