kavin
I'm new here

EditorValue<?> replacement for FS 5.2

Jump to solution

Dear All,

In our module the below code snippet is used to find the outgoing references of the section.

Set<Reference> references = Sets.newHashSet();

final FormData formData = section.getFormData();

final List<String> variableNames = formData.getForm().appendEditorNames(null);

for (final String variableName : variableNames) {

final EditorValue<?> editor = section.getData().get(variableName).getEditor();

List<Reference> editorReferences = editor.findReferences();

references.addAll(editorReferences);

}

return references;

Furthermore the references are filtered by the language

reference.getLanguage()==langauge

In FS 52 the EditorValue<?> is marked as deprecated, so we are looking the corresponding replacement.

I tried to achieve this functionality with section.getOutgoingReferences(), But It returns the ReferenceEntry[], It could not be filtered by the language.

Is there any other replacement to achieve this functionality?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StefanSchulz
I'm new here

Hi Kavin,

There is no replacement (yet?). The deprecation is rather about implementing one's own editor component than using the interface. (For implementation, ValueEngineer is the alternative.)

But maybe a good time to issue a feature discussion, so an alternative is most likely to be present by the time this changes.

Best regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StefanSchulz
I'm new here

Hi Kavin,

There is no replacement (yet?). The deprecation is rather about implementing one's own editor component than using the interface. (For implementation, ValueEngineer is the alternative.)

But maybe a good time to issue a feature discussion, so an alternative is most likely to be present by the time this changes.

Best regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos