Anca
I'm new here

Define resolutions for particular images

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to define the resolutions to be generated for a particular image?

Say we have 30 resolutions defined at a project level, but we only want this image with two of these resolutions.

I have seen at the image resolutions overview, there is also a checkbox, as in the image attached.

Can this be used for checking which resolutions to use?

Maybe even setting resolutions at a folder level inside the project would be a good thing, if possible.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

FirstSpirit generates the medias only in the requested resolution (excluding media generation). So if you want to generate a medium only for certain resolutions you have to use template mechanisms (e.g. metadata fields that are queried for each media output).

In the case you want to use a media generation this approach will not be possible because for all media all resolutions will be rendered.

Best regards

Rene

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pavone
I'm new here

Hello,

I think an image will only be generated with a certain resolution if you actually use/reference that image with that resolution. So if you only use two resolutions, FirstSpirit should only generate your image with these two resolutions, not with all 30 resolutions.

The checkbox only tells you whether a resolution of an image has already been reviewed or not. It does not determine if a resolution will be generated or not.

Best regards

Tim

0 Kudos
rednoss
I'm new here

Hello,

do you need further assistance or did Tim's answer helped yo already? In this case, it would be great if you mark the "right answer".

Best regards

Rene

0 Kudos
Anca
I'm new here

Thank you for the answer!

With using the Remote Media project, this does not seem to work as described.

Any other solutions?

0 Kudos

Hello,

FirstSpirit generates the medias only in the requested resolution (excluding media generation). So if you want to generate a medium only for certain resolutions you have to use template mechanisms (e.g. metadata fields that are queried for each media output).

In the case you want to use a media generation this approach will not be possible because for all media all resolutions will be rendered.

Best regards

Rene

0 Kudos

Hello,

do you need further help or did the given answers already help you? If so, it would be great if you mark the "correct answer".

If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you post it here.

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos