javier_fernande
Occasional Observer

Create URL for a Multipage

Hello everybody!

Is there any chance to create a URL on demand from the script? I've been looking a couple of threads about it but no one was helpful.

We have a pagereference related to a database, each registry has a url based on the title. Sometimes that title can change, but URLs don't.

So, we were thinking about this script to iterate the elements and check wether title is different from the current URL. We did it and we got that information, but now we want to create a new URL based on the new title (keeping the "old" one).

Do you know if it's possible or not? Or if it's any english information to do this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TanjaGroßmüller
Crownpeak employee

Hi Javier,

I am afraid I have trouble understanding your use case. Could you please give us some more details on what you want to achieve?

Thanks,

Tanja

0 Kudos
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hello Javier,

the SiteStore offers the possibility the reset the stored URLs via the context menu (right click) > Extras. Maybe this is what you're searching for. Unfortunately I don't know if this function is executable via the API/via a script.

The Manual of the SiteArchitect describes this function in chapter 4.3 (page 178).

Best wishes

Michaela

0 Kudos

Hi Tanjia, thanks for your support.

As I said, I have a pagereference that have multiple pages. I can get each of the page urls using "getStoredUrl", that's fine.

I want to know if there's a chance to generate new URLs from the script. For example if I found the stored url "element.html" and I want to create a new one with name "element2.html"... is it possible or not? If so, how? If it's not possible... how can I reset only one particular url (I assume using "Reset URL" will reset every page of the multiple pages and it will take longer to regenerate them once again.

I hope this is clear now.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I think you are looking for the UrlProperties interface.

At the top of the page, you can find the code to access it:

StoreAgent storeAgent = ...;

URLProperties urlProperties = storeAgent.getStore(Type.GLOBALSTORE).getChildren(URLProperties.class).getFirst();

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

do you need further assistance or did Michael's answer already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked his response as "correct answer" so that other community members can easily find the solution. If you have already found a solution yourself it would be very kind of you if you posted it here. 

Best regards

Tanja

0 Kudos