ndegoeij
I'm new here

Component to select multiple pictures at once

FirstSpirit 4 has the abilty to upload and select pictures with the <CMS_INPUT_PICTURE> component.

However we are trying to find functionality where we could upload a whole folder with pictures at once (at the moment we need to upload each picture seperately). And furthermore we would like to have the selection option where we could select multiple pictures and reference to these pictures as some sort of folder or map which includes all the selected picutres.

Is certain functionality provided within FirstSpirit 4 and is this functionality also still supported in version 5?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
feddersen
Community Manager

The given answer is helpfull but only at the side of the webpage itself. What we are looking for is more how to design a template which editors can use to select a set of photo's which are then combined as a "gallery". The Media Gallery does have a finishing line at the bottom saying "The creation of media galleries from the point of view of the template developer is explained in the following" however a link, example or any other information is missing here.

We already tried using the the FS_LIST and/or CMS_INPUT_LIST... however both do not describe functionality to access the media store in order to select several photo's or even a whole folder of photo's. I don't even know if this is even possbile.

0 Kudos

You can have a look at the Mithras Energy Example project or the mentiond FS_LIST example project. Both feature a FS_LIST component with MEDIAMODE enabled. It allows an editor to choose multiple images from the mediastore.

0 Kudos

The Media Gallery does have a finishing line at the bottom saying "The creation of media galleries from the point of view of the template developer is explained in the following" however a link, example or any other information is missing here.

Do you refer to http://www.e-spirit.com/odfs50/en/weiterfuehrende_themen/medien_galerien/medien_galerien_1.html? There is a link provided to our demo projects.

Peter
0 Kudos

No I am refering to the 4.2 help since we are currently still using versio 4 of Firstspirit. I will have a look at the documentation of version 5 if this is also applicable to version 4....

I will also have a look at the Mithras Energy Example to see what has been developed in there...

thank you both

0 Kudos