Birol
I'm new here

Changing a media file into .css

Jump to solution

Hi *,

How can rename a plain file into a .css file (inside "media")?

So far I just DragNDroped a .css file inside the folder which worked fine of course.

Cheers,

Birol Efe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hello Birol

it seems to me as if you haven't selected a file when you created the new file via the SiteArchitect?

Unbenannt.png

In this case you could select a file afterwards:

2.png

Best regards

Michaela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
neumann
Crownpeak employee

Hi Birol,

if you click on the file in the media store, what does it say in the middle section under details -> data type? (see screenshot below)

Media files do not have data types displayed in their display names or their reference names for that matter. But the data type is stored anyways. First spirit doesn't need to know whether it is a css file or not. You as a developer just have to reference it where you would typically reference a css file, for example when importing it in the html <head>

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-07 um 16.01.21.png

I hope this answer was helpful.

Emre

0 Kudos

Hi Emre,

It says nothing, it is just empty. The main.css file that i DragNDrop works just fine (here the file "main.css"), but the one I created in the SiteArchitect (here the file "custom") can't be used.

1. Can’t really change the filetype (of the "custom"-file created in SiteArchitect)

2. Neither is there an Tab where I could add CSS Code.

1.png

How can I make it work so that I have a "Medium"-Tab as well, where I could add/edit code. E.g.:

2.png

Cheers,

Birol

0 Kudos
NMc
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hi Birol

Why don't you just upload a file? As you said it just works fine.

You can create a new "file" in the SiteArchitect but that feature only creates a reference, which should

link to a file. If there is no uploaded file, you can't modify it.

I hope my answer can help you.

Nico

0 Kudos
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hello Birol

it seems to me as if you haven't selected a file when you created the new file via the SiteArchitect?

Unbenannt.png

In this case you could select a file afterwards:

2.png

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos

Hello Briol,

is this question still open, or already answered for you in a satisfying way? If so, please mark one of the answers as "correct".

Best regards,

Lena

0 Kudos