frank_rittinger
I'm new here

Case sensitivity in datasource templates

Hi community,

we have language dependent datasource templates with columns like headline_EN, headline_DE (generated by FirstSpirit fs4.2.461) etc. Looking into the database (postgresql 8.x on linux), I see those names written in lowercase headline_en, headline_de.

When we use the search tag of the integration module, we get errors because the query uses column names with uppercase language postfix. The obvious fix would be to change the query and use lowercase names. But since we never configured the database to use the lowercase names, I'm wondering if we configured something wrong.

I heard that this depends on the DB. Is there a way to configure this behaviour?

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
5 Replies
feddersen
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

the database schema has been created with FirstSpirit, correct?

What JDBC driver are you using? It may be a quotation problem, see here: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Column-names-getting-lower-case-in-SELECT-statements-when-is...

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Yes the schema was created by FirstSpirit and we use the following JDBC driver: postgresql-jdbc-8.4.701.jar

I looked at your link: In our case, it's actually the other way round: All FS templates (datasource and page) contain mixed case, but the database shows all column names in lower case.

FirstSpirit seems to be happy: We can edit the data. But the integration module assumes mixed case names.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

please check the logs of the integration module - you should find there your SQL statement which runs with errors because of case-sensitivity in column names. Please run the same SQL statement directly in your postgresql. Do you have the same error there? And what happens if you create this query in your FS-project

<QUERY entityType="your_Table">

<ORDERCRITERIA attribute="HeAdLiNe_En" ascending="true" />

</QUERY>

Does it work?

Gruß,
Walter.

0 Kudos
frank_rittinger
I'm new here

Hi Christoph and Walter,

I think, I found the problem: The schema definition did not completely match the current schema. That's why FS did not find the correct tables.

Although the error message of FS is missleading in this regard: The problem is not the wrong row names, but a missing table ...

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thank you for your positive feedback!

>Although the error message of FS is missleading in this regard

unfortunately you never sent us the exactly error message :smileyplain:

>The problem is not the wrong row names, but a missing table ...

I think you're right! Perhaps you chnged the schema in FS-Client, but you dind't update schema#.xml for your integration module Smiley Happy

However, you found the error by yourself - well done!

Regards,

Walter

0 Kudos