FERKASTRO
I'm new here

CREATING HIDDEN PAGES IN FS

HI,

ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO CREATE A HIDDEN PAGE IN MY SITE?

AND THEN, HOW CAN I GET THE ACTUAL LINK TO SEE THAT PAGE ONLINE?

I WANT TO UPLOAD A VIDEO IN THAT HIDDEN PAGE.

THANKS IN ADVANCED

6 Replies
bIT_sosswald
Returning Responder

HI,

one solution would be to put that page into a folder in your page structure (blue store) and then uncheck the checkbox "display in navigation menu" on that folder. That will cause that the folder is not displayed in the menu but the pages contained in this folder will be acassable like normal pages using the URL like it is done for any other page.

E.G.

root

- visible_folder

- visible_page

- hidden_folder (uncheck "display in navigation menu")

- hidden page

If the url for the visible_page is: "www.example.com/visible_folder/visible_page.html"

the url for the hidden page will be: "www.example.com/hidden_folder/hidden_page.html".

If you use FirstSpirit 5.x and your generation is done with a SEO-URL-Creator you can see the generated URL in the properies of the page. (Mark the page --> "Alt+P" --> Stored URLs")

Greetings

Sandro

pavone
I'm new here

Hello Fenando,   

do you need further help or has Sandro's reply already solved your problem completely? If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.

Best regards 

Tim

HELLO,

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND ANSWER. SORRY FOR MY DELAYED ANSWER.

I HAVE TRIED THIS SOLUTION. BUT I HAD SOME PROBLEMS:

THE "STORED URL´S" OPTION ALWAYS SAYS "NONE"

AND I FOLLOWED STEP BY STEP THE ROOT OF MY HIDDEN PAGE IN ORDER TO CREATE THE ACTUAL URL, BUT I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE FIRST SPIRIT SYSTEM ADDS NUMBERS AT THE END OF THE FOLDERS` NAMES. SO, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET THE REAL URL FOR MY HIDDEN PAGE.

THE ONLY SOLUTION I CAN THINK IS TO PUBLISH MY PAGE AS IF IT WAS A REAL PAGE (NOT HIDDEN), GET THE URL, THEN HIDE THE PAGE AGAIN, AM I RIGHT?

0 Kudos

Hi Fenando,

you do not need to put the page into the navigation.

It seems you are not using a SEO URL Creator; by default FirstSpirit uses the so called "reference names" to create Urls. These reference names are unique, so FirstSpirit adds numbers, if you use the same name multiple times.

You can change the setting, so FirstSpirit always shows you reference names:

View -> Preferred display language -> display reference names in tree

This way you should be able to find out the path to your page.

Alternatively, you can look up the created files in the staging directory and directly open the desired page.

Best Regards

Stefan

rbitdd
Returning Responder

Hello Fenando,

there is also the option to find the right URL of your page when you look into the generation log for the ID of your page.

For example two lines of our log:

INFO  23.11.2015 10:12:02.537 (de.espirit.firstspirit.generate.SiteProduction): creating output stream for /de/page.xml

INFO  23.11.2015 10:12:02.537 (de.espirit.firstspirit.store.access.sitestore.PageRefImpl): generating page reference 'page' (id=176667, XML, DE)

The page "page" has the ID 176667 and the german version of the xml-File has the URL /de/page.xml

Here an other example with an other URL-Creator:

INFO  19.11.2015 19:29:13.225 (de.espirit.firstspirit.generate.SiteProduction): creating output stream for /index.jsp

INFO  19.11.2015 19:29:13.225 (de.espirit.firstspirit.store.access.sitestore.PageRefImpl): generating page reference 'homepage_pk' (id=2160644, html, DE)

And technically you do not have to create a folder and hide it from the navigation, but this will help a lot to keep your page store tidy Smiley Wink

I hope this will help you a little.

Diana

Thanks for your kind answers and help.

I will try this solutions and will let you know if I had luck next week!

Fer

0 Kudos