damon_s
I'm new here

Accessing single FS_CATALOG from WebEdit

Jump to solution

I have a section template with a few FS_CATALOGs.  In WebEdit, I would like to access each list individually vs having the form open up with all my lists in the form modal.

I've used editorId(editorName:"sectionName")) to gain access to edit text elements individually but not having the same luck with the catalog.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Damon,

as far as I know FS_CATALOG does not support InEdit (hovering the item and editing it in place). A FS_CATALOG can only be edited by opening the form dialog.

What you can do though is using InEdit for the components inside each entry in the FS_CATALOG. And you can also open a form dialog for each entry.

Best regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tenter
I'm new here

Hi Damon,

strange, I thought it should simply work by supplying the correct name of the catalog in editorId. I guess you have multiple catalog items defined in your section template like

<FS_CATALOG name="catalog_a" ...

<FS_CATALOG name="catalog_b" ...

<div$CMS_VALUE(editorId(editorName:"catalog_a"))$>

<div$CMS_VALUE(editorId(editorName:"catalog_b"))$>

and so on. I hope I didn't overlook sth. If this doesn't work, could you please give us your template and your output channel, so that we can take a look at it?

Regards,

Hannes

0 Kudos

Hi Hannes-

Thanks for the reply.  That is correct, I have multiple catalog items laid out just like you have it.  I have about 5 of each of the following on the same template (looking back I should've made a reusable template for the catalog block):

HTML code:

<div $CMS_VALUE(editorId(editorName:"st_articles"))$>

<h2>Articles</h2>

$CMS_VALUE(st_articles)$

</div>

Form:

<FS_CATALOG name="st_articles" height="5" useLanguages="no">

<LANGINFOS>

<LANGINFO lang="*" label="articles"/>

</LANGINFOS>

<TEMPLATES type="link">

<TEMPLATE uid="lt_article_link"/>

</TEMPLATES>

</FS_CATALOG>

Nothing happens when I  hover over the div that has the editorId tag.  If I swap out the catalog editorName with a CMS_INPUT_TEXT type element I get the pencil when I hover.

I've attached an export of the template.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi Damon,

as far as I know FS_CATALOG does not support InEdit (hovering the item and editing it in place). A FS_CATALOG can only be edited by opening the form dialog.

What you can do though is using InEdit for the components inside each entry in the FS_CATALOG. And you can also open a form dialog for each entry.

Best regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

Thanks Tim. 

0 Kudos