SimonB
I'm new here

Accessing FirstSpirit "User settings" in Templates

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if it's possible to access values in the "User settings" area of the "Global settings", for use in a template? And whether further variables can be added there?

I want to add a "Local CSS Path" that can be customised by the user.

If it had a value, I then want to use that as the base path for the CSS.

And if it had no value, then I want to continue using the regular CSS path.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpee
I'm new here

Hi SimonB,

I think you can't add forms to the user settings as you can do for projects settings or global content pages (Maybe it is possible in FS5?).

But to create such behaviour you want to, you could store your local css paths in a central datasource with user and paths. When generating a preview page, you can get the user of the session and select the right css path.

Do you want to implement this for developers? Or what is the use case behind?

Greetings

Johannes Perlet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jpee
I'm new here

Hi SimonB,

I think you can't add forms to the user settings as you can do for projects settings or global content pages (Maybe it is possible in FS5?).

But to create such behaviour you want to, you could store your local css paths in a central datasource with user and paths. When generating a preview page, you can get the user of the session and select the right css path.

Do you want to implement this for developers? Or what is the use case behind?

Greetings

Johannes Perlet

0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

This is for developers, yes, that we can work on local copies of our CSS to test things out, before rolling them back into the shared CSS.

Thanks for the idea of using paths combined with usernames, that sounds most promising.

-Simon

0 Kudos