PonderThis
Crownpeak (Retired)

How to add fields to Custom Report?

Jump to solution

Hi Crownpeak,

How can I add fields that I want to show as columns in a custom report?

For example, I want to search for all live assets and see label, asset ID, type, template ID, template name, template language, path, dependencies, last modified by, last modified on, etc. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kensnyder
Head of Support

Dawn,

The search option in the CMS is used for generating results that can be saved as a custom report.  However that is limited to the fields displayed in the search results.  Typically for something that has specific content needed, this can be generated via template code to render the output.  There you can control the fields needed, including outputting content fields in addition to asset fields such as last modified by, etc.  Clients that do their own template development can create this themselves or they can engage support or professional services to build them a report.  The effort is dependent on the request.

Please note that not all data you noted is available for reporting.  Template language and dependencies are not available via the template API.  Further size can be a factor as sometimes reports of this nature need to be split into parts, dependent on the size of the website and content requested.

Hopefully this answers your question.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kensnyder
Head of Support

Dawn,

The search option in the CMS is used for generating results that can be saved as a custom report.  However that is limited to the fields displayed in the search results.  Typically for something that has specific content needed, this can be generated via template code to render the output.  There you can control the fields needed, including outputting content fields in addition to asset fields such as last modified by, etc.  Clients that do their own template development can create this themselves or they can engage support or professional services to build them a report.  The effort is dependent on the request.

Please note that not all data you noted is available for reporting.  Template language and dependencies are not available via the template API.  Further size can be a factor as sometimes reports of this nature need to be split into parts, dependent on the size of the website and content requested.

Hopefully this answers your question.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos