jeffyoung
Occasional Observer

Customizing the WYSIWYG Editor

I am looking to configure a "small WYSIWYG" editor that can be used in the place of a text field but when there is just minor styling required.  E.g. bolding, to two lines, etc.

We are using Drag and Drop, but I also want to keep the form view interface very clean and concise.  Therefore, I don't wan the whole WYSIWYG interface with the menu bar and status bar.  I know how to use the WyiswygParams to control what options display.  But I am not seeing a way to control the menu or status bars.

Is there a way to hide these with the current interface?

3 Replies
kensnyder
Head of Support

You can use some of the pre-built options in the services input such as 

Compressed WYSIWYG 

Ultimately all the settings are controlled through WyiswygParams, which is anything you can currently control

WYSIWYG Params 

Which you are already familiar with.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

thanks for the response. but it didn't answer the core question:

Can I hide the menu and status bars on the wysiwyg?

0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

Based on what I believe you are saying I do not believe so, but to confirm could you provide an image of the wysiwyg as you expect it? 

If you are saying specifically removing all formatting options from the Wysiwyg than no you currently cannot remove the menu bars fully.

Thank You,

David

--

David Greenberg
Customer Support Engineer

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos