AbihaAftab
New Creator

Frontend and Backend technology combination

I am new to crownpeak and would love to develop an application using it. I was wondering that since crownpeak supports many frontend and backend technologies but what is the overall best combination we can go for using crownpeak?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AriWeissman
Director of UX

Hi @AbihaAftab 

Great question. We love collaboration. Could you provide some additional context on what sort of application you are thinking of creating? A lot of our best practice information depends on context. 

Best
Ari

--

Ari Weissman
Sr Director of UX & Community

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos

Thankyou for writing back @AriWeissman 

Basically I am trying to build a website that represents a lifesciences company. The company is categorized into sub units where each unit displays related services and products and their features with lots of images and text.

Website supports translation into different languages as well. 

0 Kudos

Hi @AbihaAftab 

I would pick a technology that you and your team are knowledge in and start from there. 

The power of DXM is that it is designed to fit around your existing SDLC/CD/CI processes, skills and your chosen technology stack.

Development using DXM breaks down in to two areas:

• Building out the input / editor experience within the CMS
  • Building the site/application that consumes the content stored within the CMS.

The input / editor experience within the CMS is built using C#, .NET and our Template API but your site/application can be built in the technology that suits your particular project and skillset.

Here is an overview of the 3 main development approaches that you can use:

Using standard templating using the Template API:

With this approach you define the input / editor experience using C# / .NET within the CMS and create one or more output types that can be published to your application and/or hosting environments. 

You have complete control over the type of output generated and published by the CMS. 

Examples would include (but not limited to):

• HTML for fast, statically hosted/delivered sites/applications
  • JSON for use in dynamic sites/applications built in any technology
  • JSP, .NET or PHP files/templates for dynamic sites/applications built on those technologies
  • and so on…

This gives you the flexibility to easily integrate with an existing application, create blazing fast statically hosted sites, build dynamic sites and functionality around content published via the CMS and so on.

Using Component Library, our no-code / low-code component based approach:

In addition to hand crafting input/output templates in C#, we have a component based code generator that allows you to easily define components based on HTML snippets in the CMS. This allows you to create sites very quickly and supports CMS editor features such as Drag and Drop.

Using the DXM Software Development Kits (SDKs) for React, Vue.js or Angular:

This allows you to build sites/applications in React, Vue.js or Angular using our SDKs, pulling and pushing data via our Content APIs, and supports full scaffolding of the input / editor experience in the CMS based on your React, Vue.js or Angular components. 

This means developers can work entirely in their chosen IDEs, using familiar CD/CI processes, and do not need to use the CMS to create the input / editor experience.

I hope this overview helps. If you’d like to cover your specific project in more detail then please let me know and we can arrange a session to discuss the approach that suits you and your project.

Best Regards,

Guy