DXM and Web Content Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Knowledge Base

Installing Translation Module Framework (TMF)

Step 1 Creating _TMF Folder

Create the _TMF folder in the sites root folder.  This is a standard folder (No model assigned)

rtaImage.png

Step 2 Create Config Folders

Create the following folders in the newly created _TMF folder with the correct model:

• Country Sites Config.  Model: /System/Translation Model Framework/_Models/Country Site/
  • Languages Config.  Model: /System/Translation Model Framework/_Models/Language/
  • Locales Config.  Model: /System/Translation Model Framework/_Models/Locale/
  • Relationships Config.  Model: /System/Translation Model Framework/_Models/Relationship/
  • TMF Config.  Model: No model.

rtaImage (1).png

rtaImage (2).png

Step 3 Edit Templates

Next you will need to update all the templates.

• input.aspx
    • For C# at the end of the file add: ServicesTMF.Input.LoadInput(asset, context);
  • output.aspx
    • For VB add: system.include "/System/Translation Model Framework/_Templates/Includes/tmf_output.asp" 
    • For C# add at the end of the file: ServicesTMF.Output.LoadOutput(asset, context);
  • ​​​post_save.aspx
    • For C# add at the end of the file: ServicesTMF.PostSave.LoadPostSave(asset, context);
  • Create a output_changes.aspx
    • For C# add at the end of the file: ServicesTMF.Output.LoadMasterAssetChanges(asset);
  • Create a new.asp if not there.  These are VB templates since they were not ported over to C#.
    • ​Add at the end of the file: system.include "/System/Translation Model Framework/_Templates/includes/tmf_new.asp"
  • ​Create a copy.asp if not there.  These are VB templates since they were not ported over to C#.
    • Add at the end of the file:system.include "/System/Translation Model Framework/_Templates/includes/tmf_copy.asp"​

* For new.asp, copy.asp, output_changes.aspx and post_save.aspx.  You can copy these files from one template folder to another as long as they don’t already exist in the destination folder.

Step 4 Configure TMF Locales

Add configurations under the _TMF folder.

Country Sites Configuration

Browse to the Country Sites Config folder in the _TMF folder.  Right click and select new -> Country Site.  Enter the short name for the country, in this case it’s “CA” for Canada.

rtaImage (3).png

Next you will be asked to enter the Site Title, enter the same value. In this case it will be “CA” for Canada.

rtaImage (4).png

Languages Configuration

Browse to the Languages Config folder in the _TMF folder.  Right click and select new -> Language.  Enter the short name for the language, in this case it’s “EN” for English and “FR” for French.

rtaImage (5).png

Next you will be asked to enter the Language Title, enter the same value. In this case it will be “EN” for English or “FR” for French.

rtaImage (6).png

Locale Configuration

Browse to the Locales Config folder in the _TMF folder.  Right click and select new -> Locale.  Enter the short name for the country and language, in this case it’s “CA-EN” for Canada-English and “CA-FR” for Canada-French.

rtaImage (7).png

Next you will be asked to enter the Locale Title, enter the same value. In this case it will be “CA-EN” for Canada-English or “CA-FR” for Canada-French.  Click the Select button under Select Country Site and select the appropriate country site, in this case it’s “CA” for Canada.

rtaImage (8).png

Click the Select button under Select Language and select the appropriate language, in this case it’s “EN” for English or “FR” for French.

rtaImage (9).png

Click the Select button under Select Language and select the appropriate language, in this case it’s “EN” for English or “FR” for French.

rtaImage (10).png

TMF Configuration

Browse to the TMF Config folder in the _TMF folder.  Right click and select new -> File.  Enter “Auto Link Locales” as the label.  Select “Auto Link Locales” for the template name (located in System/Translation Model Framework/_Templates).  Select “None” for the workflow.
Browse to the TMF Config folder in the _TMF folder.  Right click and select new -> File.  Enter “Templates configuration” as the label.  Select “Template Config” for the template name (located in System/Translation Model Framework/_Templates).  Select “None” for the workflow.

rtaImage (11).png

Labels (1)
Comments

Thank you for the step - by - step approach to set up TMF

Note: As i have used c# i have not created the new.asp and copy.asp file

I have set up the TMF folder as described above.

1. But i am getting the following error when i click on the 'Auto Link Locales' File View
      "Error! You are not authorised to do this operation."
    2. I am not able to view "Show Master Changes" - Not Available

Please let me know if i have to setup a workflow or am i missing any step due to which i am not able to see the "Show Master Changes" detailed page instead of 'Not Available icon'

The errors you are reporting are most likely unique to your instance. Please submit a support ticket with details on where you are testing so we can review your implementation and identify what is causing your issue and if there are any items missed from the implementation.

1. What is the use of - Translation Rules Config

2. Should a site-root have only one _TMF folder?

3. What is the use of 'new.asp' and 'copy.asp' templates - When will this be ported over to C#?

1. This drives which locales are available for selection when creating a derived copy of an asset. This is how you arrange the hierarchy of languages/locales for location.

2. I have not seen an instance where more than one copy of _TMF was required for a site. I would expect to see issues when attempting to locate the TMF instance if so.

3. I do not believe that these are still required for the existing version of TMF. They should be excluded from your installation.

Thank you RichardLund for the clarifications:

1. Translation Rules Config - Is there a blog available on how to setup Translation Rules Config to drive which locales are available for selection as mentioned above.

Hi @eunice-richard, Currently there is no blog available, but thanks for the question. We've added this request to the documentation queue. Best, Denise

Thank you Denise for the update.  I need to implement the same in CrownPeak.  Is there any other way that i get to implement the same.

What is the best practice to have _TML implemented for multiple micro-sites under the siteroot

-Siteroot

-  Microsite-1

- Microsite-2