Add ASCII Normalizer to Advanced URL Creator

The idea is to normalize the data used for creating an URL. The reason is to get rid of a lot special characters in different languages in created URLs. 

e.g. from my normalization test class (german umlauts are manually converted)

private static final String accents     = "È,É,Ê,Ë,Û,Ù,Ï,Î,À,Â,Ô,è,é,ê,ë,û,ù,ï,î,à,â,ô,Ç,ç,Ã,ã,Õ,õ";
private static final String expected = "E,E,E,E,U,U,I,I,A,A,O,e,e,e,e,u,u,i,i,a,a,o,C,c,A,a,O,o";

private static final String accents2 = "çÇáéíóúýÁÉÍÓÚÝàèìòùÀÈÌÒÙãõñäëïöüÿÄËÏÖÜÃÕÑâêîôûÂÊÎÔÛ";
private static final String expected2 = "cCaeiouyAEIOUYaeiouAEIOUaonaeeioeueyAEIOUAONaeiouAEIOU";

private static final String accents3 = "Gisele Bündchen da Conceição e Silva foi batizada assim em homenagem à sua conterrânea de Horizontina, RS.";
private static final String expected3 = "Gisele Buendchen da Conceicao e Silva foi batizada assim em homenagem a sua conterranea de Horizontina, RS.";

private static final String accents4 = "/Users/rponte/arquivos-portalfcm/Eletron/Atualização_Diária-1.23.40.exe";
private static final String expected4 = "/Users/rponte/arquivos-portalfcm/Eletron/Atualizacao_Diaria-1.23.40.exe";

Regards,
Lars 

2 Comments
hoebbel
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Dear Lars

since 2021-08 there is the possibility to define a conversion rule for the Advanced URL Creator, which can be used to specify the conversion of characters. Individual characters can be replaced by other characters (e.g. ü="u") or by character groups (e.g. ü="ue"). {see chapter 1.6 in the combined FirstSpirit release notes of the version 2022.3}
This possibility is in my eyes much more flexible than the functionality desired here.

The effort is in my eyes also manageable - once the appropriate character substitutions must be defined, then the rule can be used again and again.
Example for the conversion:
[convert]
È="E"
É="E"
Ê="E"
Ë="E"
Ä="Ae"
ä="ae"
&="and"

Best regards,
Holger

larsquitsch
Returning Observer

@hoebbel 

This was a request which @Peter_Jodeleit told me to create a feature request for. 
It was a result of FR -> https://community.crownpeak.com/t5/Feature-Discussions/CaasConnect-Event-based-URL-creation-based-on...

Best regards,
Lars