jeffyoung
Occasional Observer

Multiple Drag and Drop Zones and Governance

Jump to solution

We are building a new authoring framework and would like to use a Drag and Drop Zone for our header (in addition to main content).  We are using a NavWrapper/master page approach for the site configuration where the header would be configured.  However, there are a couple of challenges we are encountering and would like to see if there is a solution.

1. We only want to expose DnD authoring in the header when in the "site config" asset.  when on a content page in in-line mode, we don't want the header to be authorable.  We only want to display this in preview mode.  We are not finding a way to do this.  Is it possible to control the behavior of the DnD Zone?  anything with the DragParams?
  2. We want to control the  DnD components that can be dropped in the header.  We have set the "Governance Tag" for the components to be used for the header to "header".  However, this doesn't seem to be working.  I am not able to drop these components anywhere.  is there something more needed for this? 
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdwardChan
Crownpeak Employee

For #1, Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do this at this time. A feature request has been submitted to our product team.

For #2, I'm assuming in your component definition you have added the governance tags separated by commas if multiple tags are present. Then in your output.aspx template file you would need to use something like the following:

<%
string[] governanceTags = new [] {"tag1", "tag2"};
Out.ShowDragDropIncludeList("body", governanceTags);
%>

If you're having issues with this please submit a case so we can take a look at your specific implementation. 

--

Edward Chan
Sr Product Consultant

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdwardChan
Crownpeak Employee

For #1, Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do this at this time. A feature request has been submitted to our product team.

For #2, I'm assuming in your component definition you have added the governance tags separated by commas if multiple tags are present. Then in your output.aspx template file you would need to use something like the following:

<%
string[] governanceTags = new [] {"tag1", "tag2"};
Out.ShowDragDropIncludeList("body", governanceTags);
%>

If you're having issues with this please submit a case so we can take a look at your specific implementation. 

--

Edward Chan
Sr Product Consultant

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos

for #1, I may have a solution that involves rendering the Header DnD output manually with a "content selector" rather then the Out.ShowDragDrop() when the master page is merged with the content in preview.

for #2, thanks for the logic for adding the governance tags.

0 Kudos