PonderThis
Crownpeak (Retired)

Does Advanced Search have a item limit?

Jump to solution

Hi Crownpeak,

Does Advanced Search have an item limit? When I search it shows # retrieved out of 500. 

If there's a limit, how do I pull a full report with every asset for the search parameters?  

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kensnyder
Head of Support

Dawn,

The advanced search is not intended to return large record sets.  The limit is primarily to return a manageable record set from search results.  For larger reports they are best created via the template API where the results can be structured as needed.  Retrieving all assets is not practical however, even from the template API as the size may become unmanageable.  For larger record sets of that nature, often it is easier to split up by sub-sections, such as different sites or times sub-folders within a site.  This is something the client can create or request from support or PS.  The time to create is dependent on the requirements of the report.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kensnyder
Head of Support

Dawn,

The advanced search is not intended to return large record sets.  The limit is primarily to return a manageable record set from search results.  For larger reports they are best created via the template API where the results can be structured as needed.  Retrieving all assets is not practical however, even from the template API as the size may become unmanageable.  For larger record sets of that nature, often it is easier to split up by sub-sections, such as different sites or times sub-folders within a site.  This is something the client can create or request from support or PS.  The time to create is dependent on the requirements of the report.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos