AriWeissman
Director of UX

DXM Retention Period for Deleted Assets

Jump to solution
How long is an asset retained in the CMS after it has been deleted?

--

Ari Weissman
Sr Director of UX & Community

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AriWeissman
Director of UX

After you delete an asset, the asset is stored in the CMS for 2 weeks. After this period the asset is permanently removed from the CMS and can no longer be restored. The recommendation is to retire / archive assets instead unless you are sure the asset will no longer be needed in the future. Retired and Archived assets are retained in the CMS indefinitely.

--

Ari Weissman

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AriWeissman
Director of UX

After you delete an asset, the asset is stored in the CMS for 2 weeks. After this period the asset is permanently removed from the CMS and can no longer be restored. The recommendation is to retire / archive assets instead unless you are sure the asset will no longer be needed in the future. Retired and Archived assets are retained in the CMS indefinitely.

--

Ari Weissman

0 Kudos