cbrown
Charter Member

"Contains Tasks" Assets

Jump to solution

Hello Crownpeak Community members!

Ocassionally, within the system, an asset will appear with a small "contains tasks" icon.

Does anyone know what this means?

It seems like it would have potential. It might be nice to leave a note about an asset.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @cbrown -

I hope you've had a wonderful week so far!

There is currently no way to add a Task within V3, our latest version of the platform. The icon you inquired about is displaying a Task on an asset that was created in Volte, our second version of the platform. Volte is currently the only way to actually add a new Task to an asset. To create a Task in Volte, simply open the asset you want to add a Task to, go to the side panel labeled "Tasks", and click "Add Task".

We will be looking into porting over this functionality soon however, and if you would like to be a part of that beta group or look into mockups/prototypes feel free to reach out to me and I will be sure to include you!

You can also reach me here: will.thomas@crownpeak.com

Thanks again, and have a great day!

William

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarinK
Crownpeak (Retired)
Hello @cbrown,

Thank you so much for your question! I will have someone get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best,
Marin Klostermeier- @MarinK
Community Moderator
WilliamThomas
Crownpeak (Retired)

Hello @cbrown,

Thanks for your question!

Tasks within our platform are meant to capture annotations and comments on asset to assets with workflow. When this icon pops up it is showing the user that there is a Task tied to that asset. To view the in more detail within V3 go to [REPORTS] [TASKS] [Workflow Tasks or Site Tasks] and select the asset you want to view.

Thanks, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions!

William

Great. Thanks Will for getting back to me.

How does one add a task associated with an asset?

I tried this, but didn't see an option to do so.Cat Frustrated

Appreciate it!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Hello @cbrown -

I hope you've had a wonderful week so far!

There is currently no way to add a Task within V3, our latest version of the platform. The icon you inquired about is displaying a Task on an asset that was created in Volte, our second version of the platform. Volte is currently the only way to actually add a new Task to an asset. To create a Task in Volte, simply open the asset you want to add a Task to, go to the side panel labeled "Tasks", and click "Add Task".

We will be looking into porting over this functionality soon however, and if you would like to be a part of that beta group or look into mockups/prototypes feel free to reach out to me and I will be sure to include you!

You can also reach me here: will.thomas@crownpeak.com

Thanks again, and have a great day!

William