Scotty
New Creator

Is a template's 'post_publish' triggered on scheduled deployments?

Jump to solution

I have a scenario where I'm calling asset.Publish() for one asset in the "post_publish.aspx" template file of other assets. All seems to work as intended when those assets are published manually. Shouldn't this work if those assets are published via the scheduler?

The context is that I have a number of items, sub-categories, and categories that all roll up to publish on one HTML page. So, this page needs to republish any time any of the categories, sub-categories, or items do. I call that page asset to publish in the post_publish.aspx file of the templates of the items, sub-categories, and categories. These are typically deployed using the scheduler—and it doesn't seem as though this is working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kensnyder
Head of Support

Scotty,

It should run post_publish.aspx the same as if a user queued up publishing.  I would recommend opening a ticket so we can investigate your specific scenario to see why it isn't executing correctly.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kensnyder
Head of Support

Scotty,

It should run post_publish.aspx the same as if a user queued up publishing.  I would recommend opening a ticket so we can investigate your specific scenario to see why it isn't executing correctly.

--

Ken Snyder
VP, Customer Support & Cloud Operations

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..