rwokanov
Occasional Observer

Add columns to a custom report?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there a way to add columns to a custom report or even a standard search?   For instance, I'd like to search for all assets in the Status of Stage.  But I'd like that to be in or below a certain folder.   I could nto find how to limit the search to that folder and below so I would settle for being able to add the path to the report.  Is that do-able?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob,

In that case you'll want to use Advanced Search, which you can find right next to the Filter icon - it is just an icon with 3 gray dots to the right of the search field. If you hover you will see "Advanced Search" text.  

First navigate to the folder you want to use, for example I used "DI". Click on the icon for Advanced Search, and the window will expand. You will see by default the folders in your view are the sub-folders of "DI".  Then, select the other search parameters you want. In this case, looking for stage assets, and run your query.

You will get a list of results, which you can save. 

Please see attached screen shot.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MennaKearns
Crownpeak (Retired)

Hi Rob,

You can use the Filter setting on CMS Search. For example, if I am looking for stage assets in the CSS folder, I can click on the filter icon.

From there, I can select if I want to search only in that folder or all folders, and I can filter by workflow - in this case, stage.

Also, when you've finished your custom search, you may want to remove that filter you set.

Please see attached screen shots.

Hi Menna,

Is there a way to search from a ceratin folder and below?   So if I have 3 folders at the root and then each contains a couple.  I only want to look in Folder 1 and lower, excluding the other 2 folders at the root.  Does that make sense?

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

In that case you'll want to use Advanced Search, which you can find right next to the Filter icon - it is just an icon with 3 gray dots to the right of the search field. If you hover you will see "Advanced Search" text.  

First navigate to the folder you want to use, for example I used "DI". Click on the icon for Advanced Search, and the window will expand. You will see by default the folders in your view are the sub-folders of "DI".  Then, select the other search parameters you want. In this case, looking for stage assets, and run your query.

You will get a list of results, which you can save. 

Please see attached screen shot.

Great... Thanks!

0 Kudos
upgradeyard
New Creator

Yes, it is usually possible to add columns to a custom report or a standard search to display specific information about assets in a system or application. Adding the "Status of Stage" column is achievable, and if you want to further filter the search to assets within a certain folder and its subfolders, that should be possible too, depending on the capabilities of the system or application you are using.

The exact steps to add columns or apply filters may vary depending on the specific software or database you are working with. In general, here's how you can approach this:

1. Custom Report:
a. Check the report customization options: If you are using a reporting tool, explore its customization options and look for ways to add columns to the report. You may be able to choose from existing data fields, or if the "Status of Stage" is a custom field, you might need to create it first.
b. Apply filters: Depending on the reporting tool, you may be able to apply filters to limit the report results to a specific folder and its subfolders. This could be based on a path or folder ID.

2. Standard Search:
a. Advanced search options: When performing a search, look for advanced search options that allow you to add the "Status of Stage" column to the search results.
b. Folder-based filtering: Some systems may have options to specify a folder and apply the search only to assets within that folder and its subfolders.

If you are not finding the specific options to add columns or apply filters, consider checking the user documentation or reaching out to the support team of the software or application you are using. They should be able to guide you through the process based on the version and configuration you have.

Remember to use the exact terms used by the system or application you're working with, such as "Status of Stage," to ensure accurate assistance in configuring your report or search.

For more information check this: https://yardgearsguide.com/growing-honeysuckle-in-pots/

0 Kudos