tendenc
Elite Observer

WCAG 2.1 Crownpeak gaps

Jump to solution

I looked through the tags of the DQM to see what WCAG support there is.  Is there a compilation of the gaps that Crownpeak does not address.  I.E. Target Link must be 44px x 44px minimum.  

There are obviously standards that are near impossible to detect programatically, so we want to be able to create a checklist for our test team.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucyNeilson
Crownpeak Employee

Hello!

The Accessibility section of DQM lists out all WCAG success criterion, with basic description and links out to the relevant WCAG pages to provide further information including examples. The items which need to be tested outside of DQM are flagged with a hand symbol. The items which are tested within DQM also list out the relevant checkpoints.

The Accessibility section can be found in the menu, both at the Group and Website level.

Thanks

Lucy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucyNeilson
Crownpeak Employee

Hello!

The Accessibility section of DQM lists out all WCAG success criterion, with basic description and links out to the relevant WCAG pages to provide further information including examples. The items which need to be tested outside of DQM are flagged with a hand symbol. The items which are tested within DQM also list out the relevant checkpoints.

The Accessibility section can be found in the menu, both at the Group and Website level.

Thanks

Lucy

0 Kudos

Thank-you.  Since we haven't had access to the tool yet, we didn't have a list of what WCAG issues are not found/find-able. 

>> The items which need to be tested outside of DQM are flagged with a hand symbol.

That answers the question for me.

Follow up:  For the ones that are not find-able, are their solutions in the works, or are they all simply not doable programmatically?

0 Kudos

Due to the nature of web accessibility, it's essential that manual checks are performed by real users so that they can subjectively comment on ease of use, relevance etc. that goes beyond the code structure that allows assistive technology to interact with a page. DQM will provide automated tests for things related to code structure, but we would always recommend the additional manual checks are also factored into your testing process.