joaooliveira
Crownpeak (Retired)

FAQs - How do I request a Custom Checkpoint

What are custom checkpoints?

Custom checkpoints can be added to your DQM instance to help you and your team automate the discovery of issues specific to your organisation. A good example of this would be looking for instances of a word or phrase that does not comply with your company guidelines, and therefore you want to find instances of, in order to remove them. Most DQM checkpoints report on the source code of pages.

If you would like to have a discovery call to better understand what checkpoints we could set up for you, you can also contact your CSM.

How can I get new custom checkpoints set up for my DQM Instance?

To get custom checkpoints set up, you'll need to create a support ticket for our team.

When requesting custom checkpoints from our support team, there is some information we require to ensure we set up your new checkpoints correctly based on your requirements. Fill out the template spreadsheet attached to this article, using the below as a guide for each field that's required. Once the support team have this information, they can investigate if the checkpoint can be set up.

The time it takes to get your custom checkpoint(s) set up will vary depending on the complexity of the checkpoint(s) requested. Generally, 1-3 checkpoints will take up to 5 business days to get set up, tested and released to you. The support team will be able to provide a more accuarate ETA for each case.

What information do I need to provide?

Each item listed below corresponds to a column in the attached spreadsheet. Use the information below as a guide to help you fill the spreadsheet out. This will help our support team to set your new checkpoints up as quickly as possible.

1. Checkpoint name: this will be the visible checkpoint name in DQM. An example is shown in the image below.

Checkpoint name

1. Checkpoint description: The description of the checkpoint to appear in the dashboards – this should explain what the checkpoint is doing in a short paragraph. An example is shown in the image below.

Checkpoint description

1. Technical description: This should give the exact description of what you want the checkpoint to do.

1. Code example: An example (i.e. a code snippet) of what the checkpoint should look for.

1. Page example: A URL of an example of a page that would be flagged by the checkpoint and, optionally, a URL of a page that would not be flagged by the checkpoint. This helps our support team to confirm that the checkpoint has been successfully set up.
Labels (1)
Attachments

Can't find what you are looking for?

Find Answers

Search our DQM Forum to find answers to questions asked by other DQM users.

Ask a Question

No luck? Ask a question. Our Product and Support teams are monitoring the Forum and typically respond within 48 hours.

Ask a Question